Working at Taylor Construction Management
— big challenges and big rewards.
TCM specifically targets design and construction support services professionals that exude executive-level leadership via effective communication, technical mastery, and a deep sense of pride behind the finished work product. If you fit this description, we would be honored to have you on our team!
NATURE AND SCOPE
As a consultant with TCM, you will work directly with one of our valued clients (more than likely, it will be at the project site). The expectation is that you provide technical expertise within the capacity of an experienced authority on your job titled subject matter. Depending on the project and the client, you might have a team that reports to you in order to effectively carry out your scope of work. You will participate in alternating bi-monthly teleconferences and face-to-face TCM staff meetings. TCM will provide all the necessary equipment needed to effectively perform your scope of work (computer, phone, etcetera).
- Read and interpret construction documents including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications standards, codes, and shopping drawings.
- Daily observation of commercial construction work for compliance with approved contract drawings, specifications, requests for information, change orders, approved submittals and shop drawings to ensure quality assurance of the construction consistent with contractual requirements.
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete inspection reports and/or testing records in accordance with established quality procedures.
- Surveys construction progress and ensures progress is consistent with building codes
- Monitors pre-construction and project close-out procedures, document job site safety and attend Owner/Architect/Construction meetings as required.
- Perform analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Supervisor.
- Assist Project Manager in the development of scope for construction quality inspection and testing services.
- Adheres to all safety requirements, rules and practices for all projects and report any safety concerns immediately to management.
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with the Project Manager and management team.
The CM is required to be accessible to the clients via phone and email during normal business hours.
There is no set “in-the-office” hour time as long as you can be reached via phone and email.
The CM must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and move unassisted in order to observe all areas of site facilities and to observe the contractor’s work.
- 10+ years minimum of proven inspection experience with large commercial multi-million dollar projects including education, healthcare or related facilities.
- Academic background in architecture, construction science or engineering, or a related field or comparable experience. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings
- ICC Certification preferred or similar
- Experience with Municipal building codes preferred
- Documented experienced managing design and construction personnel
We value your time and appreciate your consideration to join our team. We will ensure you a timely response regarding credentials being a fit for the open position.