Working at Taylor Construction Management
— big challenges and big rewards.
TCM specifically targets design and construction support services professionals that exude executive-level leadership via effective communication, technical mastery, and a deep sense of pride behind the finished work product. If you fit this description, we would be honored to have you on our team!
NATURE AND SCOPE
Leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of the project.
- Client relationship management
- Change management
- Risk and Issue management
- Work plan maintenance
- Status reporting and communication
- Management of team resources
- Risk management and mitigation
- Team and executive meeting facilitation
- Vendor management
- Balancing resources, schedules & financial factors while solving complex problems with a multidiscipline approach.
- Delivering the best possible outcome for clients against their goals given initial constraints and issues that arise over the course of a project.
- Managing consultant, client, and/or partner-based project teams and ensuring that deliverables are clearly structured and efficiently developed. This often includes playing a “hands-on” role in the creation of deliverable content.
- Providing specific functional and content subject matter expertise to industry-specific projects.
- Being knowledgeable in delivery areas such as business requirements, process design, and use case development and testing.
The CM is required to be accessible to the clients via phone and email during normal business hours.
There is no set “in-the-office” hour time as long as you can be reached via phone and email.
The CM must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and move unassisted in order to observe all areas of site facilities and to observe the contractor’s work.
- 10+ years minimum of proven inspection experience with large commercial multi-million dollar projects including education, healthcare or related facilities.
- Academic background in architecture, construction science or engineering, or a related field or comparable experience. Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings
- ICC Certification preferred or similar
- Experience with Municipal building codes preferred
- Documented experience managing design and construction personnel.
We value your time and appreciate your consideration to join our team. We will ensure you a timely response regarding credentials being a fit for the open position.