Working at Taylor Construction Management
— big challenges and big rewards.
TCM specifically targets design and construction support services professionals that exude executive-level leadership via effective communication, technical mastery, and a deep sense of pride behind the finished work product. If you fit this description, we would be honored to have you on our team!
NATURE AND SCOPE
Leads, directs and coordinates the work of subcontractors and/or trade labor in the assigned areas. The Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget in the assigned areas of the project.
- Overseeing and making decisions related to the performance of work-related to scheduling, delivery, logistics, quality control, and trade employee staffing levels.
- Overseeing work among assigned trades to promote a coordinated project operation. Resolving local area problems regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedule and all other appropriate matters.
- Managing the site safety program as required and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Creating schedules and determining the sequencing of work. Developing and implementing recovery strategies to maintain the project schedule.
- Communicating with owners and architects/engineers in connection with field issues and investigating and resolving such issues.
- Managing the billing process as it relates to work-in-place and overseeing the monthly estimate of work completed, payrolls, material invoices, and subcontractor payment applications.
- Having complete knowledge of all contracts, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications, show drawings, schedules, labor agreements, and local codes.
- Managing the work to ensure that it is installed in compliance with and conforms to the approved contract documents.
The CM is required to be accessible to the clients via phone and email during normal business hours.
There is no set “in-the-office” hour time as long as you can be reached via phone and email.
The CM must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and move unassisted in order to observe all areas of site facilities and to observe the contractor’s work.
- 5 – to – 10 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related field of study.
- 10+ years of direct commercial (not residential) facility design and construction project management experience, preferably K-12.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to multitask, have strong attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
We value your time and appreciate your consideration to join our team. We will ensure you a timely response regarding credentials being a fit for the open position.