Working at Taylor Construction Management
— big challenges and big rewards.
TCM specifically targets design and construction support services professionals that exude executive-level leadership via effective communication, technical mastery, and a deep sense of pride behind the finished work product. If you fit this description, we would be honored to have you on our team!
Document Control Specialist
NATURE AND SCOPE
As a Document Control Specialist with TCM, you will work directly with one of our valued clients. The expectation is that you provide technical expertise within the capacity of an experienced authority on your job titled subject matter. TCM will provide all the necessary equipment needed to effectively perform your scope of work (computer, phone, etcetera).
- Reviews client specs for managing each project document control related requirements.
- Follows Project Execution Plan (PEP) standard procedures for maintaining document control over project documents when not specified by the client.
- Prioritizes, organizes and maintains an electronic filing system to handle incoming and outgoing drawings and other project-related documents.
- Generates and maintains document transmittal forms for outgoing project-related documents in accordance with required client specs
- Maintains electronic drawing file records for documents being submitted for approval, construction and As-Built
- Reads and understands drawings, quality control documents, and client comments to determine documentation and project expediting requirements for proper distribution
- Distributes and receives documents to and from sub-suppliers
- Expedites customer approval drawings and documentation to maintain schedules
- Creates project data-books per client spec, (when applicable) and ensures they are issued on time to meet project requirements
- Coordinates requirements for building state certifications and maintains records to meet state requirements
- Supports the efforts to reduce cycle-time by exploring or reusing existing document control information
- Keys in building project-related data for a company-wide ERP system
The DCS is required to be accessible to the clients via phone and email during normal business hours.
There is no set “in-the-office” hour time as long as you can be reached via phone and email.
There are no physical requirements associated with this position.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- User knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications (Excel and Word)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- AutoCAD experience not required but a plus
We value your time and appreciate your consideration to join our team. We will ensure you a timely response regarding credentials being a fit for the open position.