Working at Taylor Construction Management
— big challenges and big rewards.
TCM specifically targets design and construction support services professionals that exude executive-level leadership via effective communication, technical mastery, and a deep sense of pride behind the finished work product. If you fit this description, we would be honored to have you on our team!
Project Controls – Cost Estimator
NATURE AND SCOPE
As a consultant with TCM, you will work directly with one of our valued clients (more than likely, it will be at the project site). The expectation is that you provide technical expertise within the capacity of an experienced authority on your job titled subject matter. Depending on the project and the client, you might have a team that reports to you in order to effectively carry out your scope of work. You will participate in alternating bi-monthly teleconferences and face-to-face TCM staff meetings. TCM will provide all the necessary equipment needed to effectively perform your scope of work (computer, phone, etcetera).
- Supports senior scheduling staff, the project team and stakeholders with time management and control.
- Develops and updates the summary level as well as detailed schedules.
- Develops lists of design, procurement, construction and post-construction activities based on a review of design documents, the examination of site conditions and discussions with Owners, design consultants, and contractors.
- Identifies major milestones, critical approvals, and long lead procurement items.
- Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams.
- Assigns resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms.
- Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences.
- Assesses actual progress based on-site inspections.
- Identifies schedule changes and trends.
- Develops earned value reports.
- Suggests corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur.
- Reviews architect and contractor prepared schedules.
- Prepares post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports.
The CS is required to be accessible to the clients via phone and email during normal business hours.
There is no set “in-the-office” hour time as long as you can be reached via phone and email.
The CS must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and move unassisted in order to observe all areas of site facilities and to observe the contractor’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field
- Four years of relevant experience
- Must have a strong understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations
- Strong understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products (P6) and report preparation skills
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including the Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Project.
- Certification with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred
We value your time and appreciate your consideration to join our team. We will ensure you a timely response regarding credentials being a fit for the open position.