Working at Taylor Construction Management
— big challenges and big rewards.
TCM specifically targets design and construction support services professionals that exude executive-level leadership via effective communication, technical mastery, and a deep sense of pride behind the finished work product. If you fit this description, we would be honored to have you on our team!
NATURE AND SCOPE
As a consultant with TCM, you will work directly with one of our valued clients (more than likely, it will be at the project site). The expectation is that you provide technical expertise within the capacity of an experienced authority on your job titled subject matter. Depending on the project and the client, you might have a team that reports to you in order to effectively carryout your scope of work. You will participate in alternating bi-monthly teleconferences and face-to-face TCM staff meetings. TCM will provide all necessary equipment needed to effectively perform your scope of work (computer, phone, etcetera).
Our Project Managers provide exceptional client service and full project lifecycle leadership.
They must excel at:
- Managing initiatives from inception to release.
- Assuming responsibility for managing individual projects and broad programs to achieve specific business goals and objectives.
- Planning projects by leveraging our delivery methods and industry knowledge to create project charters, work plans, and budgets that address project goals, objectives, scope, deliverables, milestones, role and responsibilities, and risks.
Performing daily project leadership including:
- Client relationship management
- Change management
- Risk and Issue management
- Work plan maintenance
- Status reporting and communication
- Management of team resources
- Risk management and mitigation
- Team and executive meeting facilitation
- Vendor management
- Balancing resources, schedules & financial factors while solving complex problems with a multidiscipline approach.
- Delivering the best possible outcome for clients against their goals given initial constraints and issues that arise over the course of a project.
- Managing consultant, client, and/or partner based project teams and ensuring that deliverables are clearly structured and efficiently developed. This often includes playing a “hands-on” role in the creation of deliverable content.
- Providing specific functional and content subject matter expertise to industry-specific projects.
- Being knowledgeable in delivery areas such as business requirements, process design, and use case development and testing.
The PM is required to be accessible to the clients via phone and email during normal business hours.
There is no set “in-the-office” hour time as long as you can be reached via phone and email.
The PM must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and move unassisted in order to observe all areas of site facilities and to observe contractor’s work.
- Minimum of (10) years direct work experience in project management capacity, preferably with a Big 4 consulting firm or in a senior position in industry.
- Proven history of successful project management within aviation, healthcare, life science, higher education, or K-12 industry.
- A talent for multi-tasking, meeting deadlines, learning new skills and methodologies, and working under pressure.
We value your time and appreciate your consideration to join our team. We will ensure you a timely response regarding credentials being a fit for the open position.